Friday, June 5, 2009

Tiramisu Cupcakes

I found a new cupcake recipe online this week, shortly after the release of Martha Stewart's new cupcake book...tiramisu cupcakes! I couldn't resist, and tried making them today. They are absolutely amazing!!! I think I'm going to have to buy the whole book.

It was kind of an ordeal to get through it all...especially since the boys woke up from their naps halfway through the process. But, wow, was it worth it. After all the work, I just had to post a couple of pics.














Troy loved them, too, which was the biggest test. He doesn't eat a lot of sweets, but he likes tiramisu. I never really have liked it, so for us both to love these says a lot. Here's a link to the recipe - you have to try them!

2 comments:

mama3davis said...

Love your blog Susan!

Ok, question about the cupcakes.... did you actually scrape a vanilla bean or just substitute vanilla? And if you substituted, how much?

I also laughed pretty good when reading your chocolate pie experience. I tried meringue several times but no luck so far. I have also figured out that I shouldn't try things out on Lauren's birthday ... no success. Leo's birthday experiments have gone great. I am curious to see how Meredith's birthdays go. ;)

I enjoy keeping up with your family!

Susan Carson said...

Hi Christy! I'm glad someone else got a kick out of the whole pie situation. It was quite a day!

You know, I did actually scrape a vanilla bean. It was my first time to try this in a recipe, so I was pretty excited. It was cool - a little pricy for some cupcakes, since you only get one bean pod in a container, but worth it!

You have to try these - seriously, I wanted them for breakfast today!