Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Andrew's New Room

Well, yesterday we finally got Andrew the big boy bed he's been wanting. They were able to deliver the same day, so I made a mad dash home to try and break down the toddler bed and convert it into the full-size version. I also needed to wash and dry his new sheets and clear out a place in his room for the new bed. All this needed to happen before:

(a) they delivered the mattress set between 6:00 and 9:00 pm; and,
(b) Andrew's bedtime (8-ish?).

The good news was they delivered the mattress set around 7:00 p.m. The bad news was, I was only about half-way through the process of getting the bed frame set up. The boys helped me break down the toddler bed and were thrilled about that process. They played really sweetly as I cleaned the room and even helped a little. But as I was scratching my head while reading directions about how to put the full-size frame together, time ticked by way too fast. Turned out, my confusion was because a key part that I needed (the footboard) was in another closet in another room, but about the time I found that...the doorbell rang and it was the mattress guys.

Oh well, we just scooted everything out of the way and had them put it straight on the floor. After I finally got the boys some dinner, I started making up the bed with his sheets and bedspread. When Andrew came in to see his new bed (sort of) all set up, this was his reaction:















He kept throwing his hands in the air, jumping around, and yelling "YEA! MY NEW BED!!!"
Sweet Davis was just as excited and so supportive that his little brother finally had a big bed, too. They played like crazy, running all over the place and jumping around...on the bed, of course.









































They decided sword fighting was the appropriate way to break it in, so out came the pirate gear. I got them to stop long enough for a couple of quick pictures.





























When Daddy got home, the boys were still up ("reasonable bedtime" had gone out the window long before this point) and they let him know that scurvy pirates had to walk the plank. Aaaarrrr!!!

Who knows what time they finally got to sleep...I think it was way after 10:00, but they had a fantastic time. We'll make up for it today...and Daddy can finish putting the bed together this weekend! My work here is done!

No comments: