Thursday, October 23, 2008

Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch!

Davis's class from school went on a field trip today to a local pumpkin patch. I was so excited when they asked for parents to volunteer to drive - sign me up!!

It was the perfect fall day that was cool and crisp with beautiful blue skies. We couldn't have had a better day to be there.

Mommy and Davis having our first field trip together! My little guy is growing up so fast.
The church where we went also put on a kind of carnival so that all the kids could play different games inside. I took tons of pictures, but chose just a few to show here.

Here's the classic...carrying an egg in a spoon. Lucky for all of us, they used plastic eggs. We wouldn't have been able to stand up in the mess if they had been real...eggs were "breaking" left and right!

Here they had a row of pumpkins and they were supposed to roll the ball down and back again. I think I see the first glimpses of a hockey player here...is it just me?

We had story time and a clown, then headed back outside for a picnic lunch. After our picnic all the kids played on the playground. When Davis was ready, he and I headed back to the pumpkin patch on the grounds of the church and picked out 3 pumpkins to bring home and carve. Just before we left, Davis struck one last pose with the scarecrow.


So much fun! I can't wait for the next field trip. This was a great day for Davis and Mommy.

No comments: