Friday, October 24, 2008

My Dog Chews Bubble Gum!

This is Shelby. Not her best picture, but this is moments after she had her first experience with bubble gum. I think she's in shock.

Davis and Andrew were working hard to get the last few pieces of buble gum out of their machine. They were very generous, sharing the pieces and distributing them evenly among the family members present (namely Davis, Andrew, and Mommy). One "family member" they weren't planning on sharing with was Shelby.

As you can see, Shelby is lurking underneath the kitchen table, which she does anytime we are even remotely close to it. As the boys struggled to manuever this gumball machine, a piece unfortunately fell to the floor. Shelby is not typically a quick dog, but when food is involved, her speed picks up quite a bit. She attacked that little blue gumball like it was her last meal on earth.

What was hilarious is that Shelby didn't know what to do with it - as you can imagine! So our silly cocker spaniel is sitting underneath the table with a blue mouth, trying to figure out what in the world she's gotten a hold of. Davis, Andrew and I just sat under the table with her, laughing. I guess she finally swallowed it (probably taking her cues from Andrew, who swallows all his gum as well). I hope it sits well with her tonight. I really don't want to clean up after my blue-gum-ball dog!


No comments: