Monday, November 24, 2008

Feeling very thankful...

The holidays seem to be sneaking up on me. It's so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already here. I've done about half of my Christmas shopping already, so I feel like I'm doing pretty well as far as getting prepared. I'm planning to start Christmas decorations this week, which is surreal. And planning is the key word there...it all sounds good until it involves actually getting the boxes out of the attic!

Since this is Thanksgiving week, I've been hearing lots of discussion on the radio and at church about having an "attitude of gratitude" as they say. This has, of course, gotten me thinking about how very much our family has to be thankful for and how blessed I feel. I'm so thankful for my family - my sweet husband and children, our parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents...and for all of our friends. Basically that we have people in our lives who care what pictures we post on this blog and read all my sappy comments! : )

Even though Troy is having to work this week when he wasn't expecting to, I'm so thankful that my husband has a good job. Even though I get tired of picking up the house, I'm thankful that we have a home to get messy, and all the toys my kids have to scatter. (I'm especially thankful for my electric sweeper which makes the cleaning process much more effecient and fun.) I'm thankful that I can teach my children about Jesus, go to Bible studies, and participate in prayer groups without worry of persecution. The list goes on and on, but I just had to take a moment and express my gratitude.

One of my goals for this week is to understand what my children are feeling thankful for. Why do I have a feeling it will involve cupcakes and Kung Fu Panda?

No comments: